Landscapes in films are often computer generated. Ever wondered how they do it? Next time you find yourself doodling, draw an algorithmic doodle and explore algorithms for drawing nature.
Here is an example Doodle Algorithm of a berry bush.
1. Start by drawing a looping line (as below)
2. Draw 3 red circles on the end (as below).
3. DoodleDraw from that line as follows.
To DoodleDraw from a given line:
1. Move to any point on the line.
2. Draw a new smaller looping line from it.
3. Draw 3 red circles on the end of the new looping line.
4. Choose a new existing line and DoodleDraw from that line.
As you choose the exact positions and lengths of lines randomly you will get a slightly different picture just as no two plants are identical. Different algorithms give different looking trees, grasses, ferns, snowflakes, crystals.