Landscapes in films are often computer generated. Ever wondered how they do it? Next time you find yourself doodling, draw an algorithmic doodle and explore algorithms for drawing nature.
Here is an example Doodle Algorithm of a kind of grass.
1. Start by drawing a single straight vertical line (as below)
2. DoodleDraw from that line as follows.
To DoodleDraw from a given line:
1. Draw 3 shorter lines at different angles out of the very top of the line.
2. Draw a shorter lines at an angle in the top half of the line on a side of your choice.
3. Choose a new existing line and DoodleDraw from that line.
As you choose the exact positions and lengths of lines randomly you will get a slightly different picture just as no two plants are identical. Different algorithms give different looking trees, grasses, ferns, snowflakes, crystals.
Try some of our other Doodle Art, then start inventing your own doodle art algorithms and see how realistic the drawings you end up with are.